HybridZ

Calling ALL Rota RB & RB-R

I'm thinking about selling my rims (Sport Max 16x8) to another fellow Z owner who's working on his 2nd Z. I might be getting these Rota RB or RB-R once I sell my rims, but not sure which one yet. So, pics and specs of your car would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, before you start yelling at me I have searched and searched and read. All info I get is mostly from people who are using coil overs so those of you that don't have coil overs can help me. Here is where i need help besides looking at your awesome rims to decide. I'm thinking about 16x8 +4 offset or 17x8.4 +4 offset. I know that the 16x8 does fit with rolling fenders, but will longer wheel studs be needed? Is it possible to run 245/50/16 in the rear and 225/50/16 up front? Or will rolling my fender would not matter as the rear tires of my choice will bug out? Also, what about the 17x8.5? All the people running them are using coilovers..I'm notm will be switching some time in the future. Will these clear my current set up?

1975 280Z (Finally pulled my engine and tranny out)

Tokiko Springs (lowered about 1")

Tokiko Shocks

Toyota S12W Brake Calipers (front)

I will roll my fenders!!

BTW, Here's an update on my car. Getting ready to sand, cut, degrease and paint engine bay. After this will be my RB25DET NEO eninge and Tranny!!

After some more searching tonight, I read that the RB-R (16x8 +4 Offset) WILL NOT CLEAR Toyota 4x4 Vented Brake Calipers..Is this Correct? Also there is a lot of confusion between the RB-R and RBs. Can some clarify which one is the straighter one?

yep wassup man... umm yeah i have rota rb's also and i ordered them for like 650 shiped... they are 17 by 7.5 with like a 20 or 16 offset.. i'm not sure i'll have to go back and check.. BUT if you are seriously looking to get these wheels you need to consider that if you go with a positive offset like i did then you'll need to get 1/4 spacers for the front along with longer studs in the front also, which is no big deal b/c they are easy to change but make sure to trim them down so they don't stick out too far and get the right lug nuts plus spares... anyways check out my cardomain page to see what they look like with the rb's that i ended up getting.. i have the whole tockico shock/spring setup you have also and i don't have any rubbing issues unless i jack the front up and don't seat the springs properly..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004376

Hey, what tire size are you running? And have you found out the offset yet? Have you done any brake upgrades to your ride? Thanks....Nice ride BTW

hey wassup man, i'm telling you now that the more negative the offset you can get, the better but these wheels will fit with the 1/4 spacer.. they are +20 offset and the tires i'm using are 215/45/17.. so basically these tires are exactly the width of the rim just a little bit bigger i guess..

While I do not have RB/RB-R, I do have 16x8 +10 Rota Grids. I am running 245/50s BFG G-force. Clearance is an issue. I should mention that I have the Tokico HP blue shock and spring setup.

I am not running spacers in the rear, bit I have trimmed the spring perches and rolled my fenders.

I am running 10 mm spacers in the front and had to go with longer studs, as well as trim my perches just a tad. The 245s stick out behind the wheel rim and contact the spring perch. I also had to trim the hell out of the stock valence (I am running a Bre spook).

yeah i think the reason why i'm not really having problems with the rb's might be because they don't seem to go as deep towards the middle of the car as the rb-r's seem to.. i'm thinking that if you are trying to go with rb-r's then a zero offset would def be choice, plus the lip would set the whole car off... i always get complients on my z now that i have the rb's on and i only wish that i'd bought some with closer to zero offset with the wider ones being in the back... i always thought z's looked sexy with clean wheel offsets

Thanks for the help so far, I'm going to do some searching and see if I can fit a staggered setup...16x7 (front) and 17x8.5 (rear) or maybe 16x7 (front) and 16x8 (rear). all the offsets will be +04. I'm going to see what I can find. Most importantly what fits without any spacers....I'm going to roll the fenders though so hopefully someone out there will chime in and lend a helping hand.

Good luck. If your looking for a staggered fit in 16x7 and 16x8 it might not really be an option (then again maybe it is). I know that when the sample RB's arrived in 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19, they both had the same dish to them. The rear tire merely had more material on the back of the mounting face.

correct me if i'm wrong BUT the rims in the pictures "look" like they might be positive offset rims.. i figure the more negative you go, the better off he'll be BUT he will either have to roll fenders or get some flares..these wheels look awsome on the z but the supplier that i used (18gracing.com) didn't have the sizes they advertized and most of their wheels seem to be for front wheel drive cars, because of the offsets