HybridZ

Fly wheel bolts, stud and mounting question

Greg SmileZ

I have a CenterForce Flywheel that I am mounting on an early SBC. I have the six bolts to attach it, but there is also a "locator" type hole in both the crank and the fly wheel. Is this something that is necessary, or required? If so, I assume I can pick one up at a Chevy dealer parts counter.

Thanks for the help.

Greg SmileZ

I sort of skimmed this the foirst time but... I'm not sure what you measn by locator hole. Do you mean a non-threaded hole in the flywheel? My Centerforce flywheel had one hole NOT tapped that corresponded with a threaded hole in the crank. I had it tapped and it seems fine.

Oh, and don't be a dummy liek I was - buy NEW flywheel bolts. Not having done that is going to HAUNT me until I can correct it. ARP's don't fit on the Centerforce T56 flywheel either. Guess how I know this icon_mad.gif

Thanks to both of you. The hole in the crank is not threaded, where the other holes are. I have assumed it was for a locating pin. I have purchased new bolts for both the fly wheel and pressure plate, but not sure if either the fly wheel bolts, or the pressure plate bolts should have lock washers. I think the fly wheel bolts use star lock washers, and I don't think the presure plate uses any lock washers. Comments?

Thanks!