HybridZ

SBC phase II advice

Hey thanks for the opinions man,

I did decide to do that, but mainly for aesthetics, not aerodynamics, Everything should fit just like it does now.

I actually committed, my 434 is partly paid for and being built right now, I'll keep y'all posted.

I ended up back at M and R for several reasons, with Dart SHP, AFR heads, hydraulic roller, Holley 850.

I don't think I'll go with an underhood duct, mainly for aesthetics, this is more of a hot rod than a race car, although I do push it kind of hard.

The only thing I might do, might, and I'm leaving this for last: Fab a "drop" Hilborn scoop and keep it under the hood. It'd only be seen when I popped that clean stock hood.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Bad Dog frame supports welded up today!

Didn't think I'd actually feel a difference driving normally, but it was really obvious!

John (Bad Dog) was cool, we called him up and he talked us through our questions.

427 might be done by NYE, might not, we'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bo, yeah I paid a guy to do mine, which was painful because I have a TIG and I'm not a bad welder.

The deciding factor for me was the lift he had, which keeps everything relatively squared up during the process and allows good access to all areas. My jackstands weren't going to cut it for me, especially with the height I think I'd need to do it right. I know other guys have done it, but I just wasn't up for the contortionist thing.

Regarding Polly, you know forgiveness is usually easier than permission, right? But probably a bad idea given the new house; congrats on that!