HybridZ

What to do with my Z

I have been working on this car for nearly 4 years now. It needs an exhaust system installed and these bugs fixed

1)runs very hot

2)needs a smaller Carb Ive got a holly 750 4 barrel on a mild SBC its way over carbed

3)dash lights and running lights don't work however signals break reverse lights and headlights do function.

4)Needs wipers fixed (electrical)

5)needs a good tune

Sadly my wife and I are having problems with our marriage and we are separating. I really don't want her to go and I don't want this separation or devoice. And I pray that in time ( I hope not a lot ) she will see that we can have a very happy life together and that we shouldn't end our marriage. However In the mean time we are renting out our house and both getting apartments ( I hope the time apart will make her heart grow fonder). But this leaves me with a problem. The Datsun. What do I do with it? I don't have a lot of money for the project at all anymore and seeing as I am unsure of what is going to be going on next month I don't want to spend any money on it. I'm sure that a smaller carb and good tune could fix my high temp issue and the exhaust could be finished for a few hundred dollars. Then that leaves me with running lights and wiper electrical issues to fix. And thats really it I could daily drive this car for the first time in years. In fact since the day it broke when my wife and I were driving in it and I decided to drop in the small block chevy. Its been a difficult journey for this car over many years and it has been “abused†by my friends who while I off elsewhere “Iraq Mississippi and now South Carolina†it sat in California where it was “abused†When I got the car out to South Carolina 1 year ago I had to totally rebuild it. I have re wired it with the EZ harness and redone nearly every element of the engine bay. But sadly I have neither the tools nor the skill to tune this car. My ability to trouble shoot electrical problems is at its limit. And money for the exhaust is well exhausted right now. I don't want to sell the car because hopefully my wife and I will reconcile our difference's in a few months(pray for us), but in the mean time I am stuck with a non running car and am confused about its future. Ive put a lot of work time money and me into this car it caused issues in my relationship because of frustration but now it Is soo close to complete, I do not want to sell it, so what do I do? I need some ideas. I do wish I had just fixed the problems with my l28 and turbo'ed it now but its far to late for that now.

Thats what ive been thinking. Ive grown so much recently and i want my wife to see it but she isnt in a place metally to see it just yet. The car is so close to complete I want it to be done and over with. After Katrina I became a diffrent person but now im going to go back to being the better happeir me the man she fell in love with ( im sorry but i want the world to know that im changing and im a diffrent man now the best of the new incorprated into the old) I dont know where the Z fits in. Would i get more money for it if it was running is it worth what id put into it for what id get out of it?

Sell it and go take this class with the money.

"Getting the Love you want" is the name of the class.

http://www.rickbrown.org/workshops.php

Looks like there is a class coming up in SC also.

Though I don't use all the skills I've learned, it was still the best $600 I could have spent for our marriage.

Good luck w/ the marriage.

Did she want to separate or you? If it is her, don't be surprised if there is another man and don't be naïve enough to think there is not one.

I’ve been down that road and trust me, women are awesome at lying and figuring out ways to make things happen if they want to.

She wanted the separation. I'm sure their is no other man, If their was this would have been alot easier on me. But the sad truth is she just wants space and time to figure out who she is, we are fairly young and she feels maybe she got married to young. she came to this diction while away from me deployed, so i feel (hope) that this is just a phase. I hope it will pass and I will be their for her the entire time. Im working on myself and I dont know if finishing or selling the car would help me. Thats the asskicker its so close to being done finish and sell finish and keep or just sell i dont know.

She wanted the separation. I'm sure their is no other man, If their was this would have been alot easier on me. But the sad truth is she just wants space and time to figure out who she is, we are fairly young and she feels maybe she got married to young. she came to this diction while away from me deployed, so i feel (hope) that this is just a phase. I hope it will pass and I will be their for her the entire time. Im working on myself and I dont know if finishing or selling the car would help me. Thats the asskicker its so close to being done finish and sell finish and keep or just sell i dont know.

I'm not saying that she is being unfaithful, but DO NOT rule it out. Statements like you just made should send huge red flags up.

I did almost exactly what you are doing, trying to change, make myself better, be anything and everything she needed, but in the end it really was just her. She did inevitably come around, admit it her mistake and recognize that I did love her.

I’ve finally come full circle and have even forgiven my ex-best friend. I really believe that is what helped me the most to move forward and stay married. It was also nice to bring him to tears! :flamedevi

Good luck either way.

Thanks for the support man. But I really have changed who I am sadly from the man she loves to the person I am now and to tell you the truth I'm not happy with the person I've become. I let my Issues from OIF and Katraina start to dictate the way i acted and treated people. I was being unhealthy, But now i see what makes me happy and its not material things and its not money its the good times she and I spent together. And i want to be the man she fell in love with again. I see that this is a chance for us to improve our marriage. I hope it does and I hope mine comes back soon.

BTW what part of my statement makes the red flag fly?

Please take what I say with a grain of salt. I feel my wife can do much better than me. Not just because she is incredibly beautiful, but I think she deserves the best person in the world.

My insecurities make me exceptionally paranoid, even more so after the affair.

Anyway, these two specifically are too broad of a statement, unless of course you’re oversimplifying them. I understand you may have because of the internet.

She wanted the separation. I'm sure their is no other man, If their was this would have been alot easier on me. 1. But the sad truth is she just wants space and time to figure out who she is, we are fairly young and she feels maybe she got married to young. 2. She came to this diction while away from me deployed, so i feel (hope) that this is just a phase. I hope it will pass and I will be their for her the entire time. Im working on myself and I dont know if finishing or selling the car would help me. Thats the asskicker its so close to being done finish and sell finish and keep or just sell i dont know.

There is no meat (real answer) in the two above statements.

#1 is a statement for her to get out of the relationship to do what she wants to do.

#2 is her way of blaming it on you while you’re away and not being there for her. It is very easy for her while you’re on deployment to talk, seek and find someone else and that is just her side. There could be the snake in the grass person, friend or not, trying to weasel his way in, knowing full well you’re no where around.

Again, this is just what came to my mind because I experienced it. You may be 100% right. It could be your both young. Who knows, but you need to do a little more careful digging from my perspective.

The "Why" in your above statements is what you need to figure out. It may be you, it may not.

Knowledge is power and will help you make better decisions.

Don't get this wrong.

She did not marry a sap I assume.

So stop being one! Almost every woman admires and desires confident men. This is created mostly by the "nesting" nature of women.

Minus a few ALL women are subject to this by nature.

Now "not being a sap" dose NOT mean being a pompus arrogent butt cheak. Some men mis understand that and try to mimic confidence that way.

"Finding herself" is a pretty cheap couph out of a tough situation. I too am leary of this selfish type of behavior. Yea SELFISH!

You straiten up, stand tall and be kind.

Humble your self apporately not sappaly, for after all you a MAN!

Find your strenth in XXX < against HybridZ rules which is absolutely fine.

Remember though, IT IS UP TO YOU TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN A%%!

Now with all that being said, yea it is always easier being on the outside looking in, but I will always hope that some one said that for me!

For most of that to be true I make the assumption that you have already indulged in self pity enough.

Now to help make this a post bearly related to HybridZ rules, hopefully you may be able to sell you hard work to good member here, and watch them finish your project. Haveing the strenth to do this would be a good lesson in strenth of character!

Enough said, Peace sir.

Woldson, how old are you? Just curious.

Don't get this wrong.

She did not marry a sap I assume.

So stop being one! Almost every woman admires and desires confident men. This is created mostly by the "nesting" nature of women.

Minus a few ALL women are subject to this by nature.

Now "not being a sap" dose NOT mean being a pompus arrogent butt cheak. Some men mis understand that and try to mimic confidence that way.

"Finding herself" is a pretty cheap couph out of a tough situation. I too am leary of this selfish type of behavior. Yea SELFISH!

You straiten up, stand tall and be kind.

Humble your self apporately not sappaly, for after all you a MAN!

Find your strenth in XXX < against HybridZ rules which is absolutely fine.

Remember though, IT IS UP TO YOU TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN A%%!

Now with all that being said, yea it is always easier being on the outside looking in, but I will always hope that some one said that for me!

For most of that to be true I make the assumption that you have already indulged in self pity enough.

Now to help make this a post bearly related to HybridZ rules, hopefully you may be able to sell you hard work to good member here, and watch them finish your project. Haveing the strenth to do this would be a good lesson in strenth of character!

Enough said, Peace sir.

To keep this Z related, I'd keep the Z. Store it at friends, parents, or just pay for the storage. If things do go sour in the relationship, you will have something to keep your mind off of it. The Z will be good therapy for you.

Thanks JSM, things have gone sour but i hope in time that they heal, and while my wife isnt yet ready to deal with her issues i have been working very hard at mine and using this as a growing experience one day to forge a better marriage. As far as the Z goes Im going to store it at a friends pad or shop if i can find one atm and then see how things go id like to figure out how much i could get from the car if i need to sell it due to situation but i think a little more work into it could yeild a higher selling price if it comes to that.