HybridZ

im going megasquirt!

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

Guys i got completely sick and tired of the stock eccs for the l28et on my 240z so im going msns! it was that or z31 with nistune but i dont want to deal with anythign old.

I just bought megasquirt 2 pcb3 from ebay i should have asked the guy before paying however i find out its pre built for a 4 cylinder 240sx from sparkandfuel.com i didnt want to build the ms myself just incase i mess up anything. From what i read its jumpers that i have to change? to make it for 6 cylinders? is this hard i dont have the ecu yet so i just wanted some prelim info

it was never mentioned in the auction i dont feel mislead but he should have mentioned it

IS $380 with the msns harness says its new? good deal

i got tons of reading to do and the more i read the more im getting confused between edis (individual coil with ignitor built in?! right ) and all these abbreviations so now im looking to get relay board sensors any tips guys for easiest cheapest methods of sensors i now i can re use my stock 280zx but have to re calibrate with easytherm? i just want some input from as much users and what there thoughts on what works best and easiest

so i been following the ms for 3 years now are people still useing the gm HEI or switching over..?!

im so excited yet so confused i dont know if i want to control fuel or fuel and spark i might as well right im having ignition issues im really nervous with install too i dont want to f up anything

I remember being nervous about all of it. I would recommend reading as much as you can stand and then dive in. One thing for sure, you will learn a ton from using MS. Just be careful with the ebay auctions, make sure it was built by a reputable person.

Guest znow white

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220244205926&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D220244205926%26_nd1%3D%26submit.x%3D54%26submit.y%3D11%26_fvi%3D1

this was the ebay auction it was built by http://www.sparkandfuel.com thing is that website doesnt exist anymore but i could of sworn i seen it before!

so the seller says it was built for a s14 4cylinder so to change this i have to sauter and jumper some resistors ? is that right or is it a software change

That will be in the software under engine constants. You should go ahead and load the software plus megatune on a PC and look through the settings in megatune so you can start to see what is available. What is typically changed in hardware is the spark control part (using the VB921 on board, using a coil with its own ignitor, using EDIS, etc)

You should spend at least a solid 10-20 hours reading MS manuals and instructions before you touch the unit. The more you know, the easier it will be and the more fun you will have. You don't need to memorize it, but just knowing what all the variables mean and where to go read about them is worth a million clams. You should go read, starting now.

Make sure to use low impedance injectors. These injectors can run much better precision at low duty cycles than high impedance injectors. Low impedance injectors are especially useful on turbo engines that require an extra wide range of fuel delivery (idle to full boost).

Yes, you want to run ignition timing control too. Makes a huge difference in throttle response, gas mileage, and engine life (especially with boost).

Excited and nervious, eh? Yeah, it can be intimidating. I agree with what the people above said, and, in addition, run thru the assembly proceedure as well. Read it first and then go thru it while looking at the circuit board assembly. That way you can spot mistakes and make sure the jumpers are as you want them. If something does not make sense, try to figure out why it is the way it is before you go changing it. It is a great learning tool and will help to take the mystery out of the system. It may also save you a great deal of troubleshooting time down the road. Don't rush. Think before you do. Good Luck

Guest znow white

thanks for all the replies i really appreciate it im starting to read allot and more in the coming weeks im going to overflow my mind

i think i will get the stimulator even though it was pre built just to see if it was previously used and if it was built correctly that way i wont start the install and may be able to get refund

Wish me luck and you will now see my id under this forum (hopefully not too much lol)