HybridZ

quick alternator question

Im looking to upgrade my '87 N/A z31 to a 90amp maxima alternator and from looking at some other z sites im a bit lost , some say it needs a entirely different pulley and spacers, one site says all i have to do is grind some of the bracket and find a belt that'll fit without too much slack, so i just need to figure out what all i need to do and whether or not theres just a better Z alternator out there, thx,

PS i mostly need the extra amperage to run a better ignition system( MSD 6al in the future) and to keep my electric fan from killing my charging system, it kicks on alot with the humid weather around here, so yeah..thanks again all...

yeah, i found that a long time ago before i joined hybridz, thanks for the link,

so pretty much all id have to do is swap pulleys from my old Z alternator to the maxima alt. to retain stock belt function, right?

wouldnt the size difference in pulleys make the alternator produce less amperage at idle and defeat the purpose of it in the first place though?

My cars been having rough starts and idles poorly for about 5 mins till its warmed up, and it never did this until the new radio and e-fan install so im guessing the charging systems to blame, right?