HybridZ

4-point in a 2+2

Rustyfriend

I currently own a '77 2+2 which is going to be autocrossed. i have a roll cage for the rear area but i really do not want to mount it because it will limit the use of the rear of the car tremendously. my question is this, will the 2 shoulder straps of a 4-point harness be long enough to extend to the rear and bolt to the strut towers?

Better question is: Will the driver in his seated position be tall enough to allow the strut tower to be used as an anchor point according the the belt manufacturer's instructions!

You can get belts any length you want, that is not the issue. Wether you can anchor them properly according to the 'shoulder height' of the driver is another...

i will have to go measure that. sitting in a chair my shoulder sits at about 19" above the base of the chair. i will have to compare that to my car.

i was looking at these seats: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APC-Racing-Seats-Eclipse-3000GT-A4-TT-GTi-Civic-CRX-BLK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQihZ020QQitemZ300235187239QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and a harness like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSAL-4-POINT-HARNESS-JDM-RACING-SEAT-BELT-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50458QQihZ025QQitemZ380039612250QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

do you think the length is there or do i have to go to some online shop and have the length custom ordered

Fred Crow in Anaheim will make the belts any length you want, but their wraparound kits have pretty long shoulder belts, you just order the 72" versions.

Jim Diest will do the same. Most of them will, just take a look at their online catalogues, lots of time they have the option to leave the length open. But you can always shorten a long set. Just buy long, and shorten it.

EGADS! those aren't racing harnesses those are off-brand I-don't-know-what-spec stuff! I'd pay the $78 per side for a set of Crow Belts---at least they are type approved. I didn't see any certification on those e-bay cheapies.

I wouldn't be buying helmets (off brand) or belts (off brand) when it comes to anything to do with my life...