HybridZ

Moustache Bar Bushing

So, I went to pull the bushings out of my moustache bar for my R200 swap. Spent about 45 minutes cutting them out with a recip saw and my pneumatic hammer. I was so pleased with myself when i got them out!

Went to do some light reading in the library (i.e. bathroom). While looking at the Black Dragon catalog I saw a little asterisk next to the urethane bushing that said that I was supposed to leave the sleeve in!!! Good thing I was where I was!

Anyway, they also list a rubber bushing without one of those annoying little asterisks. Anyone know if the rubber replacement bushing requires removal of the original sleeve?

Anyone use an original rubber replacement bushing? I'd rather go with the poly bushings but don't want to fork out the dough for another R200 moustache bar.

Actually, not all is lost. Go with poly! As for the sleeve issue, I went to put new bushings in my R200 mustache bar (replacing the red poly bushings in it) and found there was no sleeve in it, either. I went down and bought a few inches of tubing from the muffler shop, cut it to length and then cut it long ways (on one side) and made it a perfect fit. Hope that helps.