HybridZ

VQ35 ITB's going into Testing

If you want to run some #'s on a stock VQ I'd be willing to be a test mule. I was planning on building up a set of ITB's, just like what you have made, for my VQ swapped 510. I even drew up the CAD file for a flange to be CNC'd at my Bro-in-laws shop to weld the runner's onto like you have.

My car is cable driven & tuned with an AEM EMS. I haven't actually got it running yet, but should this week with the help of a tuner.

Per your request, the Engine Bay. I just want to get this thing running so I haven't cleaned up the bay yet.

engbaynk5.jpg

The car before the swap when I had a KA in it-

car1vy2.jpg

It's great that you guys made this product for the VQ35DE. Jenvey recently released their ITB kit for VQ's & I'm curious about price differences. It doesn't seem to be selling like hotcakes amongst the 350z/G35 crowd (the majority tends to like boost) but I think the people on this forum will appreciate your product more.

#$%^&ing NEATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I like it! :) My Buddy in Alabama is contenplating the same install. Have you had it on the Dyno to see where you are currently?

Yeah I have seen the Jenvey Unit, they built a single lower Manifold from what I can tell. Not sure if they stuck to the Stock Runner Length, or if it is Shorter. Looks like a Nice Unit Though!

The Euro/Lbs to Dollar Exchange rate is not helping them at the moment to sale anything in the USA!

I would love to see a Jenvey VQ35 Dyno Plot on a Stock VQ35 if anyone has or has seen one?

Kevin

If I can get it up & running before next weekend, certainly the plan, I will be participating in a local Nissan Forum Dyno day to get a few runs in & make sure nothing looks too far off power wise. Then work on the tune some more if needed.

The Jenvey lower mainfold is a nice cast unit that makes the runners a straight shot, not good for hood clearance though. I'd say the runners are shorter than stock since the unit is mainly geared towards high RPMS. From what I understand various racing teams have been using the Jenvey unit for a year or two, & now it's available to the public. I like your setup because of hood clearance & hopefully longer runners to help maintain some of the low end torque VQ's are known for.

Well cool on the Dyno Day, drop me a line when you have some Numbers! Have you weighed the Car by chance to see where you are on Front to Rear weight distribution? Wondering if getting the engine back 6 to 8 inches helped when the additional weight was added to the Front end?

Our Set-up has actually Longer runners than Stock, although is does have to do the "S" bend to reach the Intake Valve, some aspects of a design have to be taken to reach a LARGER Market, and no hood mods was high on the NEEDS list!

We will know soon enough where we are on the HP/TQ numbers!

Kevin

Guest Plastik Racer

Love those ITBs can't wait to hear more about them. Would it be possible to make this same kit but with the ITB's facing upward? I'm really wanting these on my VG30E I don't really care about hood Clarance. Kevin keep up the good work.

Hey Plastic:

The VQ35 ITB's Base plates and Weld Plates are like all our products.................... universal in nature! Shortly you will see a set of the same ITB Bodies on a 2005 Porsche Boxter mounted to a Manifold in vertical fashion just as you described! So anything is possible.

The VQ35 has a very low height built into the manifold to hopefully reach the largest amount installs and Swaps! The 510 above would sure sound Wicked! :)

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mad Medicine

I'm curious, will the original model at the beginning of the thread be availble as well?

The reason I'm asking is i have a 96 maxima with a vq35 swap, and controlled by a megasquirt EFI. My throttle is cable driven and the megasquirt runs with a map sensor instead of a maf. I'd be very interested in buying one at some point if you still have that option.

Hey Mad:

You betcha! When your ready and our dealer is finished with his testing, we have a Slick Ass Set-up with your name on it! Your Front valve cover will play an intregal part in the install, so know this in advance. It will also tell us where we stand on FWD applications!

We are simply waiting on our dealer to finish up on the testing Phase he is doing for the standalone he wants to use and offer with his packages. The DBW PORTION is also in testing to see if it works as planned. He footed the "BIG" bill on R&D........ he sells when he is ready, just like we have done for all the ones who have stepped up to the plate for a certain Application. We know who has help Extrudabody, and we return the loyalty to those that have helped us, so please bare with us!

OUR CURRENT SITUATION

Currently we are "ducking and Jiving" the Gulf Storms that are approaching us! Just so everyone knows TS "Fay" fizzeled just as it went over us with 0 damage, but we shut down boarded up for 3 days just in case, and Gustav, even though it is supposed to hit "Nawleans" we will still see 50+ mph winds and we are 4hrs away. Where TF "Hanna" goes is anyones guess!

Yes we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have every been to the Gulf Coast of Florida it is indeed like living in Paradise, but Not good for business, unless you are in Construction from rebuilding after a hurricane. We are currently looking at moving inland to stop these interuptions in business!

Again! Please PLEASE bare with us!

Kevin

See this link??????????????????????????????

http://www.extrudabody.biz/servlet/the-227/Fuel-Rail--dsh--Datsun/Detail

It will not exist tomorrow! Pallnet has what your looking for in regards to a Fuel Rail for Datsun needs! I will no longer sale these!

Thanks pallnet.................... you and Joel keep our heads low!! My family and I has plenty of room in Alabama for you guys if you need it! Best cooking this side of Nawleans! :)

Kevin

Guest Mad Medicine

Great to hear that, i'm patient (don't plan to buy yet, don't have the money) might around mid winter to next summer i might have some money stored aside.

also there's a tps sensor on there right? does it come with a connector pigtal so i can wire up to my megasquirt harness?