HybridZ

coolant sensor help

Butters

i have been seraching for days now and can't not find any thing on what coolant snesor the ecm read

i have a 280zt with a jim wolf computer. i know there are 3 coolant sensors, one on the side of the block in the coolant hose that runs to the heater core. the other 2 are in the thermostat housing.

i'm trying to finish my swap and i can start the car but do not have any of the coolant snesor hooked up and need to know witch one it is so i can wire it to the ECM.

i do know that one of the coolatn sensors in the theremostat housing is for the guage. it was replaced with a autometer guage.

for all i know the ECM is only going to run in cold mode. just need it to get out of cold mode since i live in west texas and it hot here right now. gas is like 4.00. can't be jsut wasting like its noting any more

so could any one please help me out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I deleted all the crap in this thread. Let's not have a repeat.

Butters, the 280zt ECU uses only one coolant temp. sensor and it is located at the base of the head, between cylinders 5 and 6, passenger side.

...And you should expect a PM in your near future.