HybridZ

Fuel Pump Problems

uefa5

Hey guys,

I have a 75 280z, that turns over but does not start. Ive replaced the plugs, rotor, cap, filters.. etc but when i try to start the car the fuel pump doesn't move. I have taken off the fuel pump and it works fine with 12v running to it. I am thinking that my fuel pump relay might be the problem? How would I test it to see if it was indeed the problem? or do you guys have any other ideas as to why my fuel pump isnt getting power?

Thanks

ok well i pulled the relay out of the car and its a seemingly new bosch unit and I used the directions in the EFI Bible to test it with 12v of dc and it clicked when it was supposed to and was quiet when it was supposed to be quiet so im starting to doubt the problem is the relay

I would put a pressure gauge on the fuel line to verify that the pump is working in the car and is getting the recommended pressure to the engine. Next hold the coil wire to a bare metal spot (a strut nut perhaps) while having someone else crank the engine.

Its a only a start but should as least give you a general idea.