HybridZ

Terry Oxandale makes it into AutoWeek!

jhaag

Terry gets his moment of fame! Congratulations!

On the bottom of page 106 of the 50th Anniversay issue of AutoWeek (dated July 16th) is a small photo of Terry's amazing Z. The photo deserves to be larger but then again it is the biggest and best issue of Autoweek ever. The magazine briefly features 50 readers from 50 states. Here is the caption that went with the photo:

"I understand what it means to be a car guy. I'm immersed in car building (a home-built V8 Nissan 240Z), interrrupted only by the gleeful dance up the driveway with my newly delivered AutoWeek (and my wife's reasonable requests)."

I did a search on Terry's name before posting in case someone else posted this. The most recent posts with Terry's name in them made me think it wasn't already posted. I've been out of touch for several days so I have some catching up to do on the posts.

John

Thanks John,

Funny story on that. I got the 50th issue in the mail, and started reading it walking up the driveway when I immediately noticed all the full page ads. So, being the anal person I am, I started counting, and found 67 full page ads, not counting the 1/2 and 1/3 page ads, nor the classifieds. So I put the magazine down, went to the computer and asked AW (letter to the editor), "when would we get our free subscriptions due to all the ad revenue generated". As you've guessed:

1) no response from AW (great magazine though)

2) I didn't see the photo until three days later when a local speed shop owner here in town called me about it. My response, "What are you talking about?"

Even at 17 years of age, the BlueOvalZ still gets a little bit of attention.