HybridZ

Fuel injector clips bad?

CamH

Hey guys! I'm pretty sure my injector clips are bad and I am going to try to replace them tomorrow, I am really just looking for a little encouragement!

Here's the car: 1973 240Z, new, rebuilt L28ET, new T3, 1984 Z31 Turbo ECU/chopper wheel/ignitor/coil, new O2 sensor, N42 manifold with everything ground off and the manifold smoothed, L28ET fuel rail and injectors (with good O-rings)

and I got all (almost) the electronics working in one day! :D

Here's what it does: the car seems to run weak and miss a little bit. It is weak to the point where it is impossible to do more than take it around the block. When off, if I push the injector wires down really hard and wiggle them around then start the car it will sound very smooth and strong, and have great throttle response, but as soon as I start driving it goes back to how it was.

Did I mention all of the clips on my wiring harness are busted and will no longer clip to the injector? Well now I did!!

So, my next step is to go find myself some new injector clips and put them in. If anyone else has any suggestions or anything else I might check, please let me in on it! I have to drive this car about 800 miles on Monday and it is my only form of transportation, damn military!!