HybridZ

LSD too much dough

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Welding the spiders together is not beneficial if your after handling, or good tyre wear. I've had a few mates that have welded them for street/strip use and none have kept them in for more than a month.

If its your daily driver you soon get sick of the screechig around every corner (real prob if you dont want any attention from the cops)and the greatly increased turning circle (prick for doing U turns), but its good for a cheap fix if you've got traction probs at the drags, just consider the pros and cons carefully first and make sure you've got another open diff spare cause one way or another you'll end up needing it.

Guest Anonymous

I've driven one not mine in Fl with 28x10 slicks couldn't even feel the differnce .On 95 around town .Wasp got me last night or mine would be in already .I Don't drive in the rain so not really a issue .His wants too go strait if on the throttle too heavy on the highway.Once my arm goes down mine will be in.Also his as been in his for years runnin high 10's on old motor tonight. His will be run at the track if It's not raining with A built 350 solid roller afr heads .700 lift 290 duration powerglide WELDED 3.9 .Not one rear blown yet.Nitrous if it's runnin right.Still pulled the driveshaft after the wasp got me .

[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: Cerberus ]

icon_biggrin.gif

[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: Cerberus ]

Normal rears let one wheel turn more slowly when turning, a spool or welded diff will not allow this. You'll notice it most in parking lots where tight turns are needed and the rear forces the tires to chirp as you make tight turns. When the two tires are connected solidly like that the tire rather than the rear must slip in order to turn. This is why driving in the rain and tire wear is an issue...

Guest Anonymous

icon_biggrin.gif Ahh Much better ! 4.11 too the welder tommorow . Still have a 3.55 for FL trips.For drag racing only way too goooooooooo icon_eek.gif No probs high speed on Randolph rd all twists. Pete knows it I'm sure.Yes does chirp tires very looow speed very tight turn.Yellow Jackets got me 3 times left arm swelled up 3 time size . Fiancee` draging me too desenseitising {Works for allergist} Friend took out nests tonight. Exterminators RULE .

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Cerberus ]