HybridZ

HF 12 Ton Jack Stands???

Hey Guys,

I don't have enough room for a lift in my garage. I've been thinking of picking up 4 of the 12 ton jack stands from harbor frieght. The main reason I want them is the 30" max height. That would be nice for working under the Z :) Just curious if anyone has some good input for me? The only problem I see is geting the Z up on these jack stands. Min heigh is 19.5".

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34924

To get the Z off the floor and up on the highest setting I'd need this jack :(

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42820

Justin

I have 4 of these jack stands and I got them because they are much larger than my standard jack stands also. I still only have a standard jack that gets the car up to about ~24", so I can not comment on the full height stability. I will say that the extra height and stability I get with these is well worth it.

The only downside of these jack stands (also the benefit because of the added stability) is the width of the base. Under the small Z car, if you need to go between the jackstands it can be a little tight at times.

Jody

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the height you gain with the 12 ton you totally give up in floor space because of the huge base. 6 ton should be plenty. For the most part I got away with just putting the car on skates during my whole resto. What are you trying to do that you need the car that high up?