HybridZ

FORD C4

Guest jens

C4 has no overdrive though, it would scream on the highway.

Talk to Level10 or Bauman Engineering (sp?) for AOD upgrades. Some of the AODs built right have been used to handle far more HP than any of us are putting out. One of them was a race car built by Bauman - bright yellow. I think it's been retired now to street duty but it was raced with an AOD. No lockup if I recall and it was pretty trick including a brake if memory serves. Like the 700R it can be built to take the abuse. Come to think of it - the 700R4 has been put behind a small block before so that's an option too if you can find the maker of the adapters. I think Kenny Brown did this or Kenny Bell?

I'd not build a V8Z without an overdrive if it's going to see street driving...

I would love to have a electronic aode or a 4r70w but its a bit expensive for a hobby car 1395$ + 400$ controller + convertor and flexplate and the price for import tax and wat = $$$. Im not living in the states so its impossible to find something newer than a c4/c6 because american cars are 20 years or older hobby cars. Most transmission dealers wont even sell a aod uninstalled because of the tv cable. Im looking for a wrecked running ranchero 302 or gran torino 351w 2v as they were imported in the 70s and im limited to a 20% horsepowergain = maximum 180hp. http://www.transmissioncenter.net/highperflist.htm#Ford

They have all types of ford/gm transmissions. The manual shifted 4L80e is a real killer would love that with a cad 540.

Guest Anonymous

The C4 is a killer little tranny. Yeah, no overdrive, in a car for the freeway it would be buzzy. But if its a weekend warrior then I'd use one in a heartbeat in a Ford swap if I didn't need a overdrive. There is some simple mod they put on the valve body (I knew a shadetree who used a nail or cotter pin or something in the valve body for some reason) that makes it shift very firmly. It also has a detachable bellhousing and is relatively small by auto box standards.

Regards,

Lone

• 2 weeks later...

Jens,

Hvis du kan finde en trans, brugt her i tucson kan jeg gå på indkøb for dig. Du blir nødt til at kigge i classifieds, du kan finde dem online:http://www.bigdealclassifieds.com/classified/plsql/class3?wClass=0710&wPubdate=Today&wRowstart=1&wLessOrMore=

Vores areacode er 520 . Du må selv forhandle pris, jeg kan så gå og hente den. du kan enten sende penge directe til sælger eller du kan sende dem til mig. Send en email til Thurem@qwest.net

Thure