HybridZ

autometer fuel pressure guage question

getZ

This is for another car, but the guage is universal. I have an electronic Autometer fuel pressure guage and it starts to act weird when my battery is about to die.

I'm guessing this is because the voltage is starting to get low, but it is the strangest thing. The guage normally resets every time you start the car. On the face, the needle will sweep from it's last reading back to zero and then return to reading fuel pressure. When the battery is about to die, it zeros and then goes to something really low like 30 psi and it doesn't move at all like its not reading anymore.l

Sorry, The question is: Is it normal for the guage to behave strangely like that when the battery gets weak? I'm would have assumed it would start working normal when the battery is up to full charge, after running after a few minutes. If I shut the car down and restart it after its been running a while it works okay. I guess I should put a meter on it and take a look at the voltage to be sure. I haven't looked at the voltage yet. I just assumed the battery was getting weak and old because this is the second time this has happened. After all, how low does a weak battery get? I think 10 or 11 volts is as low as it will get, not counting the voltage during cranking.