HybridZ

Driveshaft bolts

Tim240z

Just did the monthly 'wrench check' on my 240 daily driver and found all of the bolts on the driveshaft loose icon_eek.gif . I hadn't noticed the increasing vibration until I tightened them an felt how smooth the car drives now icon_biggrin.gif . It's like a new car!!

Boy, I'm glad I checked, what a drag it would've been if the dang thing had dropped out at 75MPH on the I-405 icon_mad.gif

Looks like the diff mount is getting tired too......I also put the 160 deg thermostat in since the old one was letting the gauge get to over 3/4 before letting in the cool H2O. Now it runs at just over 1/3 on the gauge all the time icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I check those as well, every trip under the car. Since the JTR conversion, I havn't had them loose, but the stocker u-joint bolts had loosened to finger tight when I pulled the driveline out, lucky I didn't through the shaft considering how loose they were. Good point checking them.

Regards,

Lone

I used Loctite on mine after having the rear of the shaft drop out and leave me stranded. If I weren't about to goto CVs in the next couple of months I'd have done the same to the halfshaft bolts. I use the red which requires heating to soften but I think blue doesn't require this? I don't mind needing to heat them icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yep, blue doesn't need heating. I used blue on mine along with nylock nuts, seems to stay tight. *shrug*

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Need some locktite for something and don't have any? Heh, I've used the wifes fingernail polish on the bikes bolt threads before and if a Harley ain't gonna shake a bolt loose, it must work pretty good.. icon_wink.gif

Just return it though, they get pissy otherwise... icon_razz.gif

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]