HybridZ

LS1 ECM connector

I need to add a few wires to my LS1 computer (the red connector) and I don’t know how to do that. I definitely don’t want to break or damage the connector. I can see how I believe it separates from the metal case. Looks like you push down on four white tabs and it “should†pop out. Does anybody know a good source for the female pins and tools to properly crimp the pins?

Thanks!

Danno74Z

Ragefear

I need to add one connector (2wires) and one output to the ECU. My harness that I purchased does not have the VSS circuit/connector. RED Connector - pin 20 VSS ref low and pin 21 VSS which go to the VSS sensor on the T56 which I do have. I also need pin 50 Vehicle Speed Output from the ECU for the speedo which is a single wire output.

Should be easy to fix/add to the harness. I should be able to do this myself with a little help.

Danno74Z

Ragefear

I need to add one connector (2wires) and one output to the ECU. My harness that I purchased does not have the VSS circuit/connector. RED Connector - pin 20 VSS ref low and pin 21 VSS which go to the VSS sensor on the T56 which I do have. I also need pin 50 Vehicle Speed Output from the ECU for the speedo which is a single wire output.

Should be easy to fix/add to the harness. I should be able to do this myself with a little help.

Danno74Z

oh gotcha, makes sense now

I used the pins from some of the wiring I deleted in my harness. There's probably some circuits you won't need. To remove the pins from the connector you can use a small paper clip that has been hammered flat. There's a small tang that holds the pins in place and when you slide the paperclip in along the outside of the pin it releases the tang. Splice your new wire on and you're good to go.

SSflyer,

Thanks for the tip on getting the pin loose from the connector. My problem is that my harness does not have any extra wires/conductors as this is an after market unit vs. a stock setup. If I had a stock harness I would probably have 20-30 spare wires to choose from. VinhZXT said he had some spare wires with pins but he is a busy fellow.

If anybody has 3 spare wires with the pins still attached laying around and you want to get rid of them please EM me I will reimburse all postage..

Danno74Z

Danno,

I will send them out tomorrow morning. I don't remember how I open up the connector but I do have a picture with it opened. Hopefully it helps you a bit. If you can't get it open let me know. I can look at my connector and refresh my memory and I can tell you how to open it up. 2079260_182_full.jpg

VinhZXT,

Yes, those are them - THANK YOU! If you could send me at least 3 I would really appreciate it. I know beggars can't be too picky but could you send some different colors if you have them- less confusion.

Thank You,

Dan