HybridZ

????replace timeing belt...help

300zxcoupe245

90 2+2 auto z32,car ran pretty good i turn it on and nosie from the timeing belt,all the other belts was new,ok so i follow what was needed to be done...i alin all the timeing marks to where they needed to be...now the auto-tensinor the retention hole broke:icon_frow.so i tryed everything to try and compress the tensinor....i even took out a little bit of the fluid to make it easy to compress...it workd,then i found out u could use a pry bar lol...it workd fine,dumb me:icon50:.so i put everything on, belt,marks lind up,etc,now i needed gas in the car i turned it on..it wanted to come on but didnt....now when it died i was looking right at it the belts and when it stop, timeing belt rotated back left???????????so everytime i start it up when the motor stops, then timeing belt with cams would,like spring back left? mmmm bad auto tensinor,:?: i havent drove it,i started that day,that was the last time i was fouling around with it....it sleeps now till next week....any advice???????????????? would help thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

ok.... don't mess with your tentioner. don't let fluid out, and don't try to run the car with anything on the tentioner broken. that is one of the most vital components of the car. get a new tentioner. now, it rotated back left you say? what? a few inches? or the marks did? the marks will not be lining up anymore, after it has turned over a few times. you will be lucky to get it lined up like that again just by turning the engine over. if it just turned back a few inches, that was just the engine settling due to compression. maybe i mis understood your question though