HybridZ

First problem with my LS1 setup

I found the problem !!! The fuel filter was VERY dirty. I cleaned it out really good to unclog the buildup for a temporary fix until my replacement filters come in from Summit. I ordered 2 filters for down the road to limit any future downtime. It really surprised me to see the filter soooo dirty with only 1900 miles on the swap !

One snag I have is the way I have my feed line laid out. I have to wait for the tank to get close to empty before I can check the filter or I risk dumping a lot gas out of the tank, which I wound up doing anyway, about 1/2 gallon :icon50:

Anyway, one thing I did notice right away was the needle on the FP gauge was solid at 58 PSI, so I knew I was heading in the right direction with it. Took it out for spin and DAMN, strong pull all the way to redline in 3rd and 4th before I let out of it about 110mph :mrgreen:

Phantom:

The battery tested out just fine too according to the machine at Auto Zone.

Glad to see the battery is ok and good to see you found the problem - or should I say a symptom?

I don't think you're completely out of the woods yet. If you have plugged your fuel filter that badly in only 1900 miles then you have some kind of a contamination problem. It may just be some residual stuff in the tank, or contamination that came along with fuel from a service station with contaminated fuel, or your tank may be rusting internally and need to be restored.

I went through this with a car and found that the place I was buying fuel had rusted through tanks and they were pumping dirt and rust into my car. You don't even want to know what I went through. Make sure you're getting your fuel from a reputable place and not a local off-brand mini-mart.

Watch your fuel filter. If it plugs again in the next couple thousand miles and you know you have been running good fuel then you need to drop your tank and thoroughly inspect it. That will tell you what your next move may need to be.

Sorry about raining on your parade but I don't think you're clear of the problem yet.

Update:

I replaced the filter today with a brand new one. The old one had some rusty metal flakes in it since I last cleaned it (3-4 days ago). I need to monitor it like Phantom mentioned to make sure my fuel tank is not rusting on the inside.......ugh.