HybridZ

Can someone tell me if my axles are correct? Working on the Q45 swap

dtaylor

I am starting to work on my axle assemblys. I ordered my axles for MM. Are they suposed to be able to ride back and forth on the shaft? I would not think they should. Did I get a set of axles that were machined wrong? If you have done this swap to your car please tell me this is normal.

Picture of what I see below..

DSC02423_thumb.JPG

I am starting to work on my axle assemblys. I ordered my axles for MM. Are they suposed to be able to ride back and forth on the shaft? I would not think they should. Did I get a set of axles that were machined wrong? If you have done this swap to your car please tell me this is normal.

Picture of what I see below..

Just a guess, but...

The included c-clips stop it from sliding off the end and when they are assembled they can't slide "in". I have four CV shafts and Ross's entire kit sitting in my shop waiting to be installed, too.

There should be snap rings on both ends of that bearing race to locate it on the shaft. It's not meant to slide on the shaft in either direction.

NOTE: I just noticed that this is for a Q45. I don't know if that makes a difference...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

There should be snap rings on both ends of that bearing race to locate it on the shaft. It's not meant to slide on the shaft in either direction.

NOTE: I just noticed that this is for a Q45. I don't know if that makes a difference...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

IIRC I have four c-clips in the MM kit.

Got a response from Ross about it. He told me it was okay and nothing was wrong. It would not hurt anything to have that gap then there. So I have installed them and moved the car in and out of the garage a couple of times with no problems..