HybridZ

RB25DET Mounts For a 260z?

900ss

Has anyone got any clear pics they can post up showing available engine and gearbox mounts to fit a RB25DET into 1978 260z.

My car is a rhd uk car btw, but I assume they are much the same fixings forr lhd?

I've seen some listed on mckinneymotorsports.com type 3 ? (only supplier I've found so far) but can't work out by the pics available how they fit and how the gearbox mount attaches to the cars gearbox tunnel?

Does anyone know if the gearbox mount uses the original pick up ears either side of the tunnel ,or is it bolted up through the floor pan?

Cheers for any help

Wyn

I cut out the ears for the tranny and moved them back further in the tunnel using the stock L series trans mount. As for motor mounts I positioned the motor where I needed it, mocked up mounts out of cardboard and then did the same with metal. Tacked it up, made sure everything fit and did a final weld and painted it all up. Pretty easy to do, takes some time, and saves you $$$. I made motor mounts for probably $30 and trans $10.

DSCF0157.JPG

DSCF0167.JPG

castlemaine rod shop in australia do a kit

i made my own,cut the ears off the trans tunnel and made a mount like so _/ that bolted up the sides of the tunnel with plates inside the car _// and bolted together sandwhiching the tunnel in between for added strength

ps don't use the L series rubber engine mounts if you make your own,they are not as strong as the RB ones and from memory don't have the locking steel failsafe either

good luck

ps if you have any probs ordering the aussie CRS kit,let me know,i can help you out

Many thanks for the info and pointers

Looking at the mounts above they don’t seem so awkward to fabricate?

Easy for me to say mind, but then I cant weld so would need someone to make them up for me, hence pref a pre made kit

I did look on the CRS site, but didn’t see mention of a RB25 kit so would appreciate a link or info if they have some?

Out of interest all the posts Ive found so far seem to point to using a 200zr sump from a Z31?

Is that the only option, only I haven’t seen any mention of cutting the original bowl and moving it back to clear? Or is that not feasible with a RB25 sump due to other issues ?

Btw, I did check today and prices for a 200zr sump alone here in the uk seem to be about £300 (about 550 usd?) and I’m told the pickup isn’t available?

Again cheers for the help

Wyn

the kit is the one to suit the RB30,also fits RB20/25/26

http://www.rodshop.com.au/mounts.htm

EM81 3 Litre Turbo RB30 To Datsun 260Z...near the bottom of the list

pretty sure the nissan patrol (with the rb30 in it) sump also fits the rb25,pick up available new from nissan over here...i have one that i can measure the bolt spacings if you have an rb25 block

Z240, Cheers for the link and info

I did find mention of a Patrol sump, but was suggested the sump bowl is to deep and would need modding?

So tbh after reading various posts for the last few days I think a pukka Z31 200zr sump will be the better “bolt on†option.

Looking at the links on here of a few dealer sites over in the States that sump seems readily available?

Is that the case as over in the UK the Nissan dealers tell me it’s a min of a 3 week wait from Japan and the pickup is no longer available ??

Zdrifter, can I ask what tail flange/ joint you are using for your propshaft?

Is it skyline or a Zed uj ?

Cheers

Wyn