HybridZ

some pics from Ontario Z-Fest

janaka

Well today JP, myself and George made our way down to Dundas for Z-fest.

Overall a great show IMO. There were more than a handful of cars that weren't there last year so it was nice to see some different cars.

I was super impressed with some of the 240z's and the new 350z's. There was a RB-swapped 240 that had some HUGE wilwood brakes on it and very well done.

I'm not posting up pics yet as I'm sunburnt pretty good from today but the highlight was the raffle draws as usual.

Last year a guy from Rochester won over $1k worth of gear from the raffles, he got shut out this year (thankfully! LOL) but his buddy took home at least $6-700 worth of prizes. Another guy from TO won 5 times for various parts. One guy won front and rear slotted/drilled rotors for his 350z, then won the semi-metallic pads to go with them a few minutes later. Killer!

George was lucky and won two prizes, one car cleaning kit and a MrClean spot free car wash thingi-ma-bob. Pretty good haul. I got called near the end and won my personal favorite prize, Sunoco gift card. Woot $50. Thats like at least 3/4 of a tank for me in the Z lol.

As for the car show awards there was some jaw dropping that happened part way through when the stock 300zx Z32 class winner was annouced. George (chodoctr) won. He went to the show thinking his car was average at best and just went to see the cars etc. He was speachless, it was cool to have him win his class.

I was nervous about the 280Z class as there were some nice cars there but we did end up winning the 280Z modified class again this year. I'm pretty pumped about it. Two years in a row now icon_smile.gif Next year I want the overall people's choice award:D

Anyway it was a good time

Here are my non-professional, point and shoot pictures ;)

Random pic of a few of the award winners

2545113_79_full.jpg?022817-237

2545113_78_full.jpg?022817-237

2545113_77_full.jpg?022817-237

2545113_76_full.jpg?022817-237

And my favourite shot of the day came after our little 'rain delay'

2545113_75_full.jpg?022817-237

2545113_80_full.jpg?022817-237

It was a good turn out. First time for me, certainly not the last. :D

It was nice to see your car in person, one of only 2 that I saw V8 Zs.

The guy that won the rotors and then the brake pads was Chris, AKA CanadianZ on here. His brother, Rob also posts under the same user name.

I'm already looking forward to next year. :lol:

Hey guys ! The show was a blast, it was good meeting a couple of the Hybrid Z guys at the meet. My bro and I had the Red 240z with the RB25 out and he has a black 280z with triple 45s out too. Man for a smaller scene southern Ontario has some pretty crazy Z's. I got extremely lucky in the draw and won basically an AMS slotted brake kit with the ceramic pads. Once I have a price and pics they will be up for sale as I need $$ for an EMS. Any way awesome meeting so many new people and seeing some really unique builds !