HybridZ

Original 1977 280Z

I was talking with a friend of mine today that is a partner in an auto dealership. They have a completely stock, original orange paint & black interior, 1977 280Z with 76,xxx miles on it - first time around on consignment. The little ol' lady who owns it has owned it since it was new and recently sank $8k into it getting everything fixed on it. Big mistake.

Bad news first:

It has an automatic

It has one hairline crack in the dash

It has one small crack in the console at the back edge of the ashtray

The black carpet is sun faded.

It has small rust areas at the trailing edge of both front fenders.

Good news:

It has working AC.

It has at least a new starter, new fuel filter and new brakes.

The tires have great tread on them. 14" with the old style mags that came on many that year.

The paint looks very nice - good luster.

The seats are almost perfect with only a small scratch, no tears, on the drivers seat.

If the carpet was dyed the interior would be absolutely gorgeous.

No rust arond the fuel door, trailing edge of hatch, doors, or battery tray. Frame rails looked good also. Didn't lift the carpet to check the floor pans.

Glass is all good. Doors, Hood & hatch open and close smoothly.

Seldom see one that looks this good. To bad it isn't a '70 240z with a 4-spd. She'd have a gold mine/ With it being a 77 280Z with an automatic it really ends up just being a great donor car for an drive-train transplant.

Absolutely not - and I resent the insinuation. I have, however, seen posting after posting on this sight from someone looking for a good S30 to start a project. This qualifies so I've passed the information on.

The woman that has placed it with them on consignment is upside down in the car having put $8k into making sure everything is absolutely right with it mechanically. I think it will sit on the lot a very long time due to that and that it is now the end of August and fall approaches so few people are looking for a sports car - especially an old one.