HybridZ

Keep the stock mechanical speedo w/ electric speedo output

proxlamus©

I've been doing research into using my stock mechanical speedometer with my Z32 transmission..

a company by the name of Abbott Enterprises manufactures a product called Cable-X!

http://www.atrol.com/cablex.htm

The Cable X is the easy, cost-efficient way to operate your stock mechanical speedometer with a transmission equipped with vehicle speed sensor. The Cable X is basically an universal adapter that will pick up the electronic speedometer signal and will operate the cable driven speedometer to the corresponding speed. It's a snap to install with only three wires - hot, ground and signal. No costly installation of drive gears or long messy cables to deal with.

The cost for personal use is $310. Im not sure what the pricing is for a shop though.

My goal was to find a cheaper alternative to buying a new electronic speedo.. but it seems this is the same price.

Just a heads up

I have been using the X-box for over a year and a half. Got it from John's. Works very well and seems to be quite trouble free. Easy to adjust for tire size, gears etc. You have to get the input direct from the VSS-not after the ECM-. The X-box has been discussed quite a bit in the chev III,IV forums.

Mike