HybridZ

Official Junkyard Inventory Thread

Valmont

I didn't see a junkyard thread anywhere (with the age of some of our cars, I'd just assumed there'd be one), so I figured I'd start one up.

I'm in Washington state right now, and will do as many of them as I can while I am here. I will soon be going to the other coast (GA hopefully) and will start doing them there and in FL. I might be able to get Ohio at some point also. Isn't the military fun?

In a perfect world, this would be it's own subforum, with threads for every state, but for now, please add your local pick n' pull to the list with as much detail as you can.

Thanks

Junkyard Name: Eastside Auto Wrecking

Address: 6068 Wa-303 Ne, Bremerton, WA, 98311

Phone: (360)377-7651

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6068+Wa-303+Ne,+Bremerton,+WA,+98311&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.736609,92.8125&ie=UTF8&ll=47.617298,-122.626954&spn=0.00239,0.005665&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr

1983 280zx

Vin: JN1HZ04S3DX560647

Description: I got the motor out of this one myself, tranny (auto) still there. Custom paint (blue), pretty new. No major body damage.

Eastside Auto Wrecking 001.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 002.jpg

Eastside Auto Wrecking 003.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 004.jpg

1977 280z

Vin: HLS30372181

Description: Rusty (surface mostly). No engine or tranny. No major body damage. Many good int. parts. Has a half dash cap for anyone interested.

Eastside Auto Wrecking 005.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 006.jpg

Eastside Auto Wrecking 007.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 008.jpg

1982 280zxt

Vin: JN1CZ04S0LX620800

Description: Less rust than the S30.... engine and tranny, no turbo. Block would need lots of work (if it's salvageable). Intake man. is there too

Eastside Auto Wrecking 009.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 010.jpg

Eastside Auto Wrecking 011.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 012.jpg

Eastside Auto Wrecking 013.jpg

And then...

with my eagle like vision...

from a mile away....

Eastside Auto Wrecking 014.jpg

An S30...?

Eastside Auto Wrecking 015.jpg

197? 280z

Vin:?

Description: This one will be crushed in a few weeks if no one swoops it up. No engine. No tranny (i think). Interior? I can see the passenger side seat and rear view mirror, but I'm not going climbing to find out. Body is straight looking (on this side at least).

Eastside Auto Wrecking 016.jpgEastside Auto Wrecking 017.jpg

Eastside Auto Wrecking 018.jpg

So I apologize for the S30 and S130 prediliction (that's a dirty sounding word).

I'll get the Z3X's next time I go.

Well, here's to hoping this thread takes off (and my fingers are crossed guys in western Washington will participate for my own benifit).

If you see anything you're interested in, PM me if you want me to price it, pull it, ship it, whatever. We'll work out terms later.

POST MORE JUNKYARDS!

Thanks

Val

I'll make a sig as soon as I figure out how to make a cool one...

...Orlando pick and pulls the inventory goes quick. ..

Seems like the northwest just has less interest.. I own one of 3 S30s I see regularly, and the shells i just posted have been there since '07.

Any pics from your local one?

Val

No point, they are gone in a month usually.

Seems like the northwest just has less interest.. I own one of 3 S30s I see regularly, and the shells i just posted have been there since '07.

Any pics from your local one?

Val

No point, they are gone in a month usually.

A month could be just long enough for that guy in Kingsland, GA to drive two hours and save $130 over black dragon on that... whatever...

?

most junkyards wont let you bring a camera into the yard...

wonder why...

my three local ones don't care.

Val

This could help me tremendously. Not a single junk yard within a 35 mile radius of has any type of Z except for some 300's and maybe the occasional totaled 350 (Not much help for a 280zx owner). Been trying to get a parts car since the day I got my car but haven't found anything worth getting. Why is it that PNW has so few Z's?

I don't even SEE S30s in the junkyards here anymore.. 280ZXs are becoming rarer (certainly not dependably present) and its mostly Z31s and Z32s. Actually, if I find one or two "z-cars" of any stripe its rare, and I have three local to me.

I will post anything I see, though.. a junkyard sub-forum would be great, as long as new posts could only be made relevant to new trips to the yard. With an entire sub-forum, each trip/set of cars in the yard gets its own thread to spread the info, browsing the sub forum would essentially be as good as browsing every junkyard that contributing members browse.. It would be great for the community of a car that is now approaching 40 years old.

One of the best in the world is about 20 miles from my house - ZBarn in Maryville TN. http://www.zbarn.com/ Roger at ZBarn specializes in Z cars and usually has around 400 to 500 Z cars in the yard. He also bought the old ZAP inventory so he even has a limited supply of new parts. He will ship what you need and I have found him to be a great guy to deal with.

Nothing in Orlando this past weekend trip.

That's a real shame, cause when I move to kindsland (southwest GA) i was thinking I'd go look there for parts

any 240sx? I need a distributor :P

Not a single 240 in th

.......Not a single junk yard within a 35 mile radius of has any type of Z .......

Actually, there's a place next to the airport in the Gorst/Belfair area that is supposed to have 2 or 3. You need to take 5, 16, and then 3 to get there. 'bout 1/2 an hour.

Also, I went today to check on the first part I'm going to pull for someone. I'm so glad that even one person probably found something they can use, even if it is a 5 dollar part. So anyway, I took better pics of the engine bays in the ZX's.

junkyard trip 002.jpgjunkyard trip 003.jpg

junkyard trip 005.jpgjunkyard trip 006.jpg

Super high res is available if you think you see something but you're not sure. Just PM, or I'll post if there's enough interest.

Val

• 3 weeks later...
This is a good idea! You can always use a camera phone. Any junkyard Z's in the houston area??

There's one at the U Pick U Pull in Pasadena. I have some pics but haven't got them off my phone yet. It's a 2 seater non-turbo, pretty smashed up in the front and doors and roof. Looks like it was rolled. Automatic trans. Someone swiped the injectors, and I grabbed the power steering pump. The rear doesn't look bad.

Slim pickings.

• 2 weeks later...