HybridZ

rubber bumper ends repair

darom

Guys,

I am looking for some advice repairing the rubber (front and rear) bumper ends. In the front, the PO used the duck tape to hide the cracks and spray matching the 'bandages'.

In the back, the rubber ends simply cracked off. In addition, the back rear flat rubber center extension is a mess as well. I checked Dragon and MSA catalogs and don't see the 76 rubber ends/extensions for sale. I can probably fab an aluminum extension, but what about the bumper ends?

How can I fix them? My wife and I would like to keep the stock Z look (we did check some of the air dams out).

Thanks in advance,

Den

'76 280Z

picture1_thumb.jpg

picture2_thumb.jpg

picture3_thumb.jpg

Den, I have a full set of 76 280Z bumpers with rubber in really nice shape sitting in the rafters of my garage. I hate to think of how much it's worth and I really wanted to keep them for originality but I may consider selling all the rubber and or the bumpers. The front bumper is like new. The rear had a rust hole which was filled and painted....not real nice. The rubbers are all in 9/10 condition the front right corner rubber has one small tear about 2" long that I glued and it virtually invisible. PM me if you want to discuss.

Here they are before I removed them

86583077_tMuRn-L.jpg