HybridZ

EDIS Trigger position

Noddle

text from the manual:

The VR sensor signal polarity is such that when the tooth tip is exactly centered on the VR sensor, the VR output is at zero volts falling from a positive to a negative polarity - i.e. a zero-crossing with a negative slope.

It then will "trigger" when the signal passes through zero on a positive to negative transition, which occurs when the VR sensor tip is aligned with the crank wheel tooth.

I interpret that to mean the trigger occurs in the middle of the tooth.

text from the manual:

I interpret that to mean the trigger occurs in the middle of the tooth.

Nope, just when it is halfway through it's response to the change in signal from the sensor. Halfway through it's response to the tooth doesn't have anything to do with halfway across the tooth. It doesn't know when it's at halfway across the tooth. That's just a sensitivity thing (how much of the tooth has to be passed in front of the sensor before it recognizes it) and if you look at BRAAP's sticky with high speed images you can get an idea of where it's triggering at.

I got the information below from the V3 EDIS sticky. It was posted by BRAAP.

The pic below is of the 36-1 spinning under the strobe of the DBtoZ timing light and the camera was able to capture exactly what we saw. Note that the spark was actually occurring at the trailing edge of the 6th tooth. We were under the impression it fired in the middle of that tooth.

ClipMedium.jpg

I got the information below from the V3 EDIS sticky. It was posted by BRAAP.

The pic below is of the 36-1 spinning under the strobe of the DBtoZ timing light and the camera was able to capture exactly what we saw. Note that the spark was actually occurring at the trailing edge of the 6th tooth. We were under the impression it fired in the middle of that tooth.

I did go back and have another look at the sticky, and I did see that picture on the 3rd / 4th page,

thanks

Nigel