HybridZ

rb swap question

Guest drifterfromhell

Guest drifterfromhell

I am kinda new to older z's. I want to swap a rb26dett into a 240z does any one have a parts list,how much it will cost me to do it right or where there is a detailed write up about the swap maby with pics

thanks

I am kinda new to older z's. I want to swap a rb26dett into a 240z does any one have a parts list,how much it will cost me to do it right or where there is a detailed write up about the swap maby with pics

thanks

There's a parts list, an idea how much it will cost, a detailed write up, and many pictures here: www.hybridz.org. Just search one at a time.

$7000 for everything from intercooler to diff.....but that would be an RB30 turbo and you'd have to wait for it to arrive from australia:)

that would include delivery to your nearest port

a weekend to install it and away you go,all running gear as new

As per Stony's comment it will cost at least 10K. And when you said "to do it right" then it begins to climb. I have an RB25 DET in my 240Z and it cost me minimally 14K + but I went beyond that. With such a beautiful motor installed I wanted my engine bay to look just as beautiful to compliment it. Everyone's love for their Z is different from one another. Do it the way you want to do it. Modern powertrains are beautiful and I think moving in the direction of any RB is great if you can afford it. Good Luck.