HybridZ

260z? r200

Guest steven96

Guest steven96

Does the 260 really have a r200 already. So a post earlier that said it had better brakes and the better differential. Are they still drums? or disc brakes? thanks

STeven

Steven -

I believe that All 240s and all (or at least, the vast majority) of the 260s came with the R180 diff. I think that some early 280s had the R180 as well.

The R200 came in 280Z/ZX models. If it's stock, it should have drums on the rear.

If I'm incorrect about this, I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me on this.

Regards.

Guest Anonymous

Steven,

Correct, all of the early Zs had disc in the front, and drums in the rear. It wasn't until 79 and the 280zx that they put disc in the back too.

afaik the diff should be a r180, as wagz said. I'm not positive, but I believe the r200 wasn't used until the 280s in the states, however it was used in the 260s over in australia, as they never had the 280s, but I'm sure they went to the newer differential. So if your in the states -and the only bakersfield I know of is here in cali- I think your car has a 180.

If I'm wrong, someone please let both myself and steven know,

Kris