HybridZ

Anybody had experience with an HKS EVC4?

Well, after some more street tuning tonight I have come to the conclusion that my MBC isn't doing it. I can't get high enough! Instead of reinventing the wheel, I am going to use this HKS EVC4 I have had lying around for awhile.

Anyone had any experience with this unit? I know its somewhat complex but a buddy is basically giving it to me. I would rather have a profec B lol.

Evan

I use the EVC-IV. I'd recommend bypassing the fuzzy logic stuff and doing the manual setup - it's a couple of extra steps, but much less frustrating in the end.

Also - DO NOT mount the stepper motor upside down - if it gets wet in this orientation it will stop working correctly and you will overboost.

Manuals:

http://www.hksusa.com/info/download.asp?id=1644

http://www.hksusa.com/info/download.asp?id=1643#

Thanks for the tip on the stepper motor, I suspect mine got wet somehow on my greddy and did it in.

Thank you for the links, it is greatly appreciated.

The instructions are vauge when it comes to leaving the fuzzy logic out of the game. I do this through manually tweaking the offset no?

Evan

Thanks for the tip on the stepper motor, I suspect mine got wet somehow on my greddy and did it in.

Thank you for the links, it is greatly appreciated.

The instructions are vauge when it comes to leaving the fuzzy logic out of the game. I do this through manually tweaking the offset no?

Evan

Yeah, the user interface isn't very intuitive - kind of like setting the time in a 1980's VCR. Basically if you skip Step 2 and perform Steps 3 and 4 from the setup manual you should be fine.