HybridZ

how many headlight switches could there be!?!

dat1gai

So yeah.. the headlight switch went bad on my 1982 datsun 280zx and i've been looking for one to replace it with. so far i found three from the years 1979-1983 on ebay. all of them said that it'd work for my car or any from 1979-1983. that's not the case! i bought one from another 1982 280zx and it was very different from mine. i also have a 1979 as a part car and that headlight switch was different from mine as well. then i found another one from ebay that's different. how many different headlight switch assembly could there be??!!!

also, my headlight is super dim and very hard to see at night. is that normal for a 280zx? my options for that are: getting HIDs or waiting to find a replacement for my headlight switch and drive around with high beams hahaha

The headlight switches will vary depending on what options the car has. If yours has cruise control, you'll need one from the same model year with cruise control.

Also, the dim lights sounds like a bad ground or old bulbs. The lights on my S130 are just as bright as any modern car's. Headlights dim with age, so if they're very old, replace them. Otherwise, check the wiring. mine were super dim and had a bad ground.