HybridZ

Ok, misfire fixed, now what???

Guest Nissansforever

Guest Nissansforever

Okay, I popped the 6 heat range 11b plugs in it, now it will pull all the way to 7K. The thing now is, I had it dynoed last Saturday (9-6-08), it made 428hp and 440 ft. lbs. of torque. But from say 4500 to 6500 and above it becomes very eratic and drops in power from where it peaks. I am writing this from work, so bare with me on the rpm ranges, I am going from memory. Anyway, this thing pulls rediculously hard even though it's loosing out and the sniffer claims it was running lean. So do I upgrade the fuel pump? Do I need the apexi afc? Or both? What about a cobra maf? I read about that but if I am already running lean, wouldn't that just run me leaner? Any help guys? Please? PLEASE? Let me know! Thanks again guys! K.C.

• 3 weeks later...

Check for boost leaks, simple leak down test should work fine. Check timing of course. Run the ECU diagnostic while you are at it for peace of mind. Also, how do your plugs look? Black and wet with fuel carbon buildup, white, etc?

Also which fuel pump are you running, the stock NA pump or a TT pump. Note that the stock NA pump is rated to roughly 300hp or so. The stock TT pump is "supposed" to be able to handle 500hp+. Also, you can consider the Warlboro 255LPH as a cheaper option.