HybridZ

Calling:383 240Z: SBC engine to BPO trans adapter

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

There is about a(junkyard) $ 100.00 price difference from a 2004R transmission equipped with a universal bellhousing to a Buick ,Oldsmobile or Pontiac (Cadillac)bellhousing. I see that a "TCI" Chevrolet engine to BPO adapter is about $50.00 from Jegs.If I come up with a BPO 2004R, will the "TCI" adapter work<<<< ???????????

Guest Anonymous

Any input on 2004R trans adapters? Years ago a rod was not hot unless it had a transmission adapter. (Like a flat head Ford to a Studebaker 3spd with Columbia clutch.)

the last time I installed a 327 chevy in anything it was a studebaker hawk and that was back at least 20 years ago! SO mr ljohnson

I guess your and old geezzer like me, well come on out of the oxygen tent more often and help me tell the young guys about 392 hemis and 455 buicks in some of the strait axle 63 falcons, hillman minx,s and such, what we did not have in technology we made up for in welding, cutting and WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WONT FIT! I GOT A CUTTING TORCH! mentality

Thanks for answering that one for me grump. I may not be as long in the tooth as you but I had some VERY good teachers as I grew up around some very good hotrodders you were older than dirt but a great bunch of guys you didn't mind some young kid hanging around asking stupid questions all day. Keith

Guest Anonymous

The 200R4 can be identified by a rectangular oil pan that looks two part with a sump indentation near the tail shaft. A universal bellhousing also called a dual pattern can be found in all GM vehicles which has 10 1/2 inch bolt holes (for Chevrolet small block V8 applications).Some Buick,Pontiac ,Oldsmobile and Cadillac's had bellhousings with six bolt holes which would require a TCI transmission adapter.There is also a dual pattern flexplate. It takes 3 bolts to mate torque converter to the flexplate. One set of three bolt holes is smaller while the other set is larger on the dual pattern flexplate. The Buick 2004R may have the best parts and the Cadillac the smoothest or softest shift. The OLds Hurst, Monte Carlo ss, GN Turbo Regals were high performance units with higher RPM shift ranges These units had an * like marking code on the trasmission case.These transmissions(2004R) can be built as strong as the 700R4 according to Art Carr and many performance builders.It is cheaper to buy,cheaper to rebuild and lighter than the 700R4 plus has lower first and second gears with a higher overdrive than the 700R4