HybridZ

Our new project

I posted some pictures of the roll bar cage earlier this week, it was under jegs rollbar kit. You can check it out. Also go to www.jnjdragracing.com and you can see pictures of our setup.

John

I see your focus is on the blower, as well it should be..

But, do you have pics of the rest of the setup as well? (Chassis/Suspension/Cage)

Not sure Justin,

Last time on race gas we were pushing in the area of 700 - 750 RWHP but gas builds heat and that is what we were fighting. We played with different over drive rations 1-1, 2% over and 8% over. With the Alky we are just staying with 2% over driven. I am running a stock production block so I am limited to what I can put out. Some of my friends are running overdrive ratios of 50% or more. I guess all in all it depends on your engine setup etc. You can add a Nitro mix to the alky for more power.

John

How much power is your blower good for anyway?

Justin

Finished everything this morning. Jerry came by after lunch and we poured 5 gal. of Alky in her. Primed her with race gas and fired it up. She breathed life long enough for me to set the timing. We shut it down and was just amazed at how the torque / power felt and sound.

I told Jerry we better start building the other Z. I think we are going to rip this one apart.

Below is the link to a video I took after checking everything out from earlier. It is a 30meg video some right click on the link and save as.

http://www.jnjdragracing.com/alky/firingitup.mpg

After watching it I noticed stuff falling off the shelves, this thing is awsome. It shakes my shop etc.....

Can you hear the Power......:burnout:

John

C'mon, guys....ya gotta stop this stuff...you embarass the rest of us duffers as it is. Geez...blown alcohol; whole different ball game isn't it? Well, I'm just kidding on the first part. I'm super proud of y'all for always being out on that limb...:o) Hope to see you in Reynolds..that is if I can get back from Japan, which is where I am right now. I know for sure I won't have the hotrod together (JE pistons aren't in yet) for Reynolds...how 'bout y'all? Super job and looks mighty clean. I'm downloading the video as we speak so I can get my fix while I am here. Best of luck to you folks.

Regards,

Wayne

Hello Uncle Wayne,

Yep we plan on attending Reynolds. Need to make a few shakedown passes. It won't be until two weeks. I have to work all next weekend. I just hope the Z will hold together.

Have a safe trip back....

John

C'mon, guys....ya gotta stop this stuff...you embarass the rest of us duffers as it is. Geez...blown alcohol; whole different ball game isn't it? Well, I'm just kidding on the first part. I'm super proud of y'all for always being out on that limb...:o) Hope to see you in Reynolds..that is if I can get back from Japan, which is where I am right now. I know for sure I won't have the hotrod together (JE pistons aren't in yet) for Reynolds...how 'bout y'all? Super job and looks mighty clean. I'm downloading the video as we speak so I can get my fix while I am here. Best of luck to you folks.

Regards,

Wayne