HybridZ

MY VG30ET MS&S tables and info

ZR8ED

Ok this has been a long time coming. Quick Background. VG30ET with 370cc injectors, t3/t4 hybrid turbo, intercooled, and a 3" ss exhaust. Jacobs electronics ignition, and a few other minor mods. I am running MS&S.

The car is running very well. It starts perfect, idles well when cold and when warm. I am at approx 300ft above sea level.

At present the boost is set to approx 12psi. WOT In 4th and 5th gear the car pulls hard with very good afr's (12:1). I'm having a minor issue with 2nd and 3rd gear at mid-high rpm under WOT. when I keep the boost at approx 10psi (using the throttle) it pulls to redline with no issues. The car bucks/surges when at WOT only, and only in those gears, and I had reports the car smelled very rich while it did this. (trailing vehicle) I think it has to do with the boost, as I recently turned it up a lb or two. I don't recall it doing that before. I'm still working on it.

Anyways, I am posting up some of my information to maybe get some input, but mostly to add to the information base for other VG30ET guys.

VG30ETVEandAFRtables.jpg

VG30ETIgnAdvmaintable.jpg

I have lots of other screen shots that I will add.

Oh I guess I should mention that I bought the entire MS&S kit. Relay boards, wire, MAP sensor etc. From DIY. Preassembled too.

As for some other minor mods that may affect the setup directly.

60mm throttle body (nissan axxes)

2.5" i/c piping and large bar/plate i/c

Mallory pressure reg and high flow pump (installed in stock location)

Custom intake piping/ducting.

I was also reading some other posts about EMI affecting the MS. I still get sometimes (usually with initial startup) the fuel pump relay will buzz, but goes away. The buzzing follows the same buzzing frequency as the fuel pump, though the pump has always been loud. I have the pump isolated in rubber mounts. Still looking at this issue.

I'll get some more info up soon..

I don't see why the spark map would not work for you. There is nothing radical in there, and I have not tweeked it to the edge of detonation, so it should be safe enough.

I am planning a dyno session in the next week or two (weather permitting) and I am going to see about pushing the boost back to approx where it was before the MS install.

I'll post more info then.

I'm gonna guess you havn't done any wideband tuning? I'm still tweaking some of the low and high areas on my VG30ET, but I'm willing to wager you need more fuel at 6000 rpm than you do at 2000 rpm ;) it's amazing how well the VE analyzer works when everyhting is working right and set up corectly