HybridZ

my little project

bakerz

here is what we got: L28ET with a holset hy351 turbocharger, I have welded the internal wastegate shut, re-clocked the turbo to the direction I want and instead of welding on the cast exhaust mani for the external wastegate, I am going to use a spacer (t3 to t3 adapter)

With the size of the turbo charger, this means I will have to re-clock it again because the spacer will bring it out about 3-4inches. this also means I will might have to cut a little into the fender well and then make a bubble type sheild to close the hole so junk wont fly into the engine bay.

I also havent made my DP yet, but it should be easier to make now that the position of the turbo will be over a little bit. the only problem i forsee might be that I already have a custom braided line going from the temperature sending unit to the top of the turbo and I will have to get one made now for the oil pan :roll:

Anyone done the external spacer with the holset turbo yet? I searched, but it seems most people just weld on the stock mani.