HybridZ

L28ET Oil Cooler fitting, HELP!

jacob80

Yea, thats perfect, will that "kit" bolt right up, or will we need to purchase something else other than obviously the oil cooler to make it mount up to the block? We also are having trouble getting the old oil filter housing with the oil cooler fittings off. As far as I can see, it seems like you must remove the bolts that go through the piece and into the block, but then that is where I'm stuck. We tried turning it because it seems like its threaded on, but we couldnt even budge it. How does it come off?

I removed the bolt that holds the sandwich/filter adapter plate onto the block and mine wouldnt budge either. I sprayed around the plate with some PB blast and let it soak for a few minutes and then slightly hit it with a rubber mallet until it started to move and then removed it the rest of the way by hand.

• 4 months later...

Bringing up my old thread, we're about to start reassembly but I am now worried about our oil filter situation. In the rebuild book it says that a ball valve is in the oil filter housing and you should be able to push it in? But it looks like its a valve that come out, if anything. I want to get a sandwich plate from summit or somewhere and put it between the block and the filter but it doesn't look like it has a valve. Doesn't the stock adapter contain the ball valve in it? Wouldn't it be bad not to have this valve?