HybridZ

lsd and a spool

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i was just wondering what years do the lsd come in and what is the best for street and strip using a turbo 350? also do they make a spool for r200 open diffs?

Originally posted by 400 ci 280z:

i was just wondering what years do the lsd come in and what is the best for street and strip using a turbo 350? also do they make a spool for r200 open diffs?

Surprised you haven't received more replies 400 ci.

4/87-12/89 300ZXT's have a clutch LSD except for the ivory white SE models which have a viscous LSD. The clutch type is the easily installed version. An alternative R200 posi setup is a gear style quaiffe centre section (long standing European proven design) which is very sensitive to biasing power to the wheel with the greatest traction (more so than an R200 clutch style). More info on the quaiffe can be read on my website.

The only change required on an 87/89 clutch posi for install is swapping the front driveshaft yoke to one that matches your driveshaft (if you already have an R200 just swap that one on....just takes a couple minutes).

Hope that helps.