HybridZ

What does this connect to

I have no idea what I connect this too, or what its for, can it be blocked off. give me some info on it. I looked through my fsm and didnt see a thing about it. does it connect to the bottom of the intake manifold? Its one of the last thing I have left to hook up on the 280(rubber hosing wise, besides injectors). btw 78 motor, 81 turbo parts, 85 ecu and wiring.

hpim06831lx7.jpg

thanks, its the same as the thing on the valve cover basicly(just takes the evaped oil back into the intake...)? So I can just run a pipe from that to a breather? I dont want it going back into the intake manifold.

If I can use a breather on it, does it matter if the breather is low or higher than the pcv tube? These might seem like stupid questions but im venturing into uncharted territory with the l28( this is the second kind of motor ive ever worked on, im like a VG30 maniac LOL)

Here's the problem. On the stock intake there was a one-way valve that limited air flow. The biggest mistake is to connect that tube directly to the intake manifold and then put a little K&N on the valve cover breather. HUGE vacuum leak.

What I did with mine is to put a K&N on both that tube as well as on the valve cover. Works fine, but it gets a little oily, so my new plan is to pull a card out of the VW world and use an external breather / oil trap can, with both the valve cover and that tube in the block running to it. Here's a pic of one just like the one I have lying around somewhere and must locate...

547605325.jpg