HybridZ

Emergency Brake Hitting Driveline Yoke

Miles

we are experiencing the old problem of the differential yoke hitting the emergency brake lever arm on hard acceleration. So we installed a solid front differential mount and now the diff yoke is firmly against the emergency brake lever arm . What is weird is with the original rubber front mount the yoke hit the emergency brake only on hard acceleration. With the solid mount the yoke is jammed right into the emergency brake lever.Has anyone come up with a way to move the emergency brake lever arm away from the yoke? I was thinking that by using a longer linkage to the cable connection I could move the emergency brake lever towards the front of the car.

Thanks

Miles

Guest digitalz

isn't the solid mount the same height as the rubber one?? i had the same problem and did some posts a while back. i ended up welding some 3/8" mild steel pieces in the spaces at the uncompressed height.

if you depart from the original driveline angles which sounds like it from what you describe, even if it wasn't hitting the e-brake arm you would get some nasty driveline vibes.

i had to adjust my pinion angles like everyone else here. what works for one might not work for you. this may be due to tranny mounting position, tranny mount, old bushings, etc. lots of trial and error but you can get good starting points from people on this board.

fyi i am using a urethane tranny mount and greatly decreased driveline vibrations. fractions of an inch make a lot of difference with the short driveshafts we are using.

just my 2 cents.

kent