HybridZ

700R or 4L60E ??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have an LT1 out of a '94 Camaro along with the PCM and harness for an automatic trans smile.gif . The '94 cars used a 4L60E, however, I have a fresh '91 TH-700R :rolleyes: . Does anyone know what I'm going to have to do to use the 700R with the '94 PCM :confused:

Thanks to anyone who can shed a little light.

2thumbs.gif

A '91 700R4 should be fine... assuming it's the larger spline (30, I think) unit out of a V8. In 1984, the 700R4 was upgraded, but only in the V8 vehicles. All the V6-s still used the smaller input shafts.

As for difference between the 4L60E and 700R4, it's a wash. I've had a few problems in my Impala (4L60E) with WOT upshifts, but I think that is more related to inadequate line pressure. Something like that would be related to the mechanics of the system, not the electronics. If you have a full working 94 setup, I would start with that.

-Andy

Guest super280z

from what i understand, if it's a lockup trans, you'll need a switch to lock the converter. summit offers both a speed activated and a manual switch. allthough there's probably a way to wire it to the pcm, you'll probably have trouble because the 4l60's were shifted by mph and not by rpm. my car uses the 200-4r and i'll just use the part from summit (~75$) other than that, check into what andrew mentioned about the spline count. and score a good converter. you'll get a ses light from the computer if you dont program it but since you're doing a retrofit, you're gonna want to anyway. chech out tunercat.com for some awesome and cheap editing software. best of luck,