HybridZ

What Diff IS This ?!?!?!? (PICS)

Kennysgreen280zt

I'll play.

My guess is that it's an R230 limited slip. It's not a regular R200 because the case is much different - too short and the mounting ears stick out more and there are only 2 of them. I say LSD only because it has a finned cover.

I know! I know! This is a 240sx diff. It is an R200, but the casing is similar to the R230. It may have a LSD, but it would be on a Super HICAS (rear steer) option, which is very rare. I am absolutely certain about the diff though, 'cause it's the same one under my '92 240sx. emo.gif

good call on the 240sx..... I heard rumor that only the SE package cars came with the viscus LSD. I dont know how to tell when the car is in the air ...... I could always buy it and take it apart..... nono.gifnono.gif then return it if its not right . weird.gif crafty me. lets just say its not that much $$$ to get a diff out of this junkyard. thanks again. laterz

~Kenny

Guest super280z

judging solely by the cover it looks alot like an r-200. what car is it under? looks alot like a 240 sx or an sx car. hrmm..