HybridZ

power steering leak

itsaprothing

you're actually right, that's the word I was looking for.

Reservoir is what I mean, not the pump. but anyway, it always looks like everything around that area is wet with the power steering fluid (I use ATF)

I had my car running while the hood was open and I didn't really see it but the fluid was spraying out onto my right fender. I left for a few seconds but my fender is primed grey and when I came back the fluid was sprayed all over it.

I think it kind of mists out not really sprays because I couldn't really see anything but I could feel it with my hands.

but yeah I'll try to get pictures or take a video so you can see how it leaks.

PS. sorry about the n00bish-ness. i've never dealt with powersteering before O_O

If it is spraying out then it is fluid under pressure which is the supply hose to the ram. The return hose has little or no pressure on it. Look for loose connections or blown hose on the supply hose which is the lower one leaving the pump. the return goes to the reservoir. Out side chance there is a crack in the pump housing or the seal is gone but that would be a rarity. Hose the most likely culprit.