HybridZ

What Tires Do You Run on the Street?

Im running Falken FK 452's I was told they are one step more street friendly than the Aziens. I have probably 1200 miles on them so far and they are a great handling tire and offere pretty good wet driving traction. Pretty stiff sidewall but in all reality they ride better than the 195/70-14 Michellins i was running. I go them from WWW.edgeracing.com good price and fast shipping. They do have pretty good straight line traction and hold a line well through a corner. Im very happy.

like several of the above I'm running the Sumitomo HTRZ's, 245/45/16. $75/tire on tire rack. Thats disposable at the end of the season basically. I haven't had any problems with them at all. I took it to the track and in total street trim (32psi) I cut a 1.98 first time out with the motor swap. Pretty darn good IMO for a cheapo street tire. Wet driving is fine on the highway and in town from my experience. I'll buy them again most likely when I need new tires.

Last year I ran with the Kumho MX 225/50-16 and was very happy with them. This year I switched to the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec due the SCCA autocross guys raving about them. I'd say they are at least as sticky as the Kumho and seem to turn in a little better on my car. I've only had one track day on them, but to my eye (no measurements) they showed less wear than the Kumhos did after their first day. So far I'm very happy with them and they were only a little more than the Kuhmos from Tirerack.

BUT ... if you're going to drive in the wet, I'd be wary of either tire. They have big solid tread blocks which aren't what you want for wet weather. Mine is a toy so I don't care about wet weather, but if you do, I think there are better solutions (probably more costly too).