HybridZ

Bumpstop x2?

Ok, this will be my first question to the community, because frankly it has me stumped. Recently I've been taking apart my entire rear suspension to refurbish it and install some upgrades. Now that I've just about finished cleaning and painting all the rear components, its time for me to reassemble. This is where the question arises: my shock towers are both being fitted with KYB boots that have (non-integrated, two piece) bump stops. However, my Energy Suspension poly bushing package also came with 4 bump stops. I've seen some people here shave them down to smaller sizes, but my question is that if I already have bump stops on my dust boots, do I really need to put another bump stop in?

I may be wrong, but it seems like it might be excessive, and that it may limit my suspension travel a bit too much. Is there any benefit to me slapping both in there on each strut, with me shaving the poly down or otherwise?

I appreciate the help. Although the thought of my struts naked to the elements does make me a little uneasy... Its bad enough that the boot made for my car is too wide at the bottom, not to mention the fact that its plastic which makes my job of cinching it even more difficult!

• 3 years later...

I am in the same situation...

I bought KYB boots and a urethane bushing kit and was going to look for a better boot and use the poly bump stops.

Is it really not necessary to use a boot i figured that it would decrease the life of the seal on the strut constantly seeing debris?