HybridZ

Unrelated to Zs...4g63 pooped on us

Okay, so my buddy just got an EVO 9 and we had found some dirt roads where we heard people rallied on in some forest. Long story short we had a blast, I was driving the whole time and we're considering getting a cheaper car and building a rally car out of another old Z or some cheap 90s fwd because I'm a friggin' good rally driver and I rape, lol.

Now, even though we had fun tonight we're actually kind of scared (especially me, since it's my friend's car) because now the Evo is having some problems. We have to pretty much rev up pretty high to even get it to move. We ruled out the tranny being bad since eventally torque hits us hard and we actually get moving. (after reving up to say 4k rpm, torque kicks in rpm goes down and then once again we rev sky high and lose speed unless we hold it steady.)

I'm thinking it's some sort of boost leak or some sensor thats causing the turbo not to kick in at the right thing I wear it's like super laggy to the point where I was scared. Like we ended up at a 7-11 trying to blast sand off the motor, I thought maybe some had gotten into the intake etc but everything was fine there was just sand al over the block. Another theory is that theres something up with the clutch like he needed to replace it anyway but maybe since we went through a bunch of bumps and small jumps (not like rally jumps but the roads were bumpy) that something went wrong with the pedal so that the clutch is slightly engaged or something.

I'm pretty lost, have to work at 7am so I couldn't check it out really to tell you the truth but trying to get some ideas. Any help would be appretiated.

• 1 month later...