HybridZ

will this work??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200259978556

Id like too swap too a 200 amp Alternator on a corvette and this APPEARS to be an option at a good price, BUT on close examination the stock Alternator has one main red wire connecting to the positive battery like this but the replacement on e-bay doesn,t also have the extra plug connection the stock Alternator has, please clue me in guys as Alternator are not my strong suit.???

It will work, but it is a 1 wire unit meaning that it doesn't go through any kind of voltage regulator. It just sends all of it's juice straight to the battery. Some people like them because of their simplicity, but it has the potential to overcharge the battery.

Personally, I would try to find something else, but that doesn't mean that it will not work.

What is the 'vett used for?

DD?

Race only?

It will work, but it is a 1 wire unit meaning that it doesn't go through any kind of voltage regulator. It just sends all of it's juice straight to the battery. Some people like them because of their simplicity, but it has the potential to overcharge the battery.

Personally, I would try to find something else, but that doesn't mean that it will not work.

What is the 'vett used for?

DD?

Race only?

its a week end toy!

its main use is keeping my wallet thin, hands greasy, tools from rusting and my blood pressure high!