HybridZ

New here, question for my next build.

Guest D&M performance customs

Guest D&M performance customs

hi everyone, ive been reading posts here on hybridZ for about 5 years, and love the site.

my question is about the RB26DETT motor from an R-34 Skyline..

can it be set up with the GTS RWD drivetrain in a Z as a functional show/track car? i understand that this will probally take extensive fabrication and thats not an issue. I just want to know if it is doable.

I build full custom cars and since i was 15 and got my first car (81`'280zx) i have been interested in doing a full custom show and go Z.

ive been looking at Grid's (dont know the rendering's creators real name) concepts for the 240, and love them, so i am looking at building one for myself after i move back to reno this next year, but the engine i would like is the RB.

thank you for any responses to my post, and any further help i may recieve through the site here.

There's no fabrication needed in making the RB26dett into RWD. The RWD transmission from the RB25DET bolts right in. And the internals are actually the same as the one on the RB26, just without the AWD transfer case. Read the stickies on the RB Forum and do a lot of searching.